CICS has its own language. Some of the language abbreviations of CICS are:
SIT System Initialization Table
PCT Program Control Table
PPT Program Processing Table
TCT Terminal Control Table
FCT File Control Table
TCP Terminal Control Program
TCTUA Terminal Control Terminal User Area
DCT Destination Control Table
TDQ Transient Data Queue
EIP Execution Interface Program
FCP File Control Program
ICP Interval Control Program
KCT Task Control Program
PCP Program Control Program
SCP Storage Control Program
TCA Task Control Area
TCTTE Terminal Control Table Terminal Entry
TSQ Temporary Storage Queue
TWA Task Work Area
AID Attention Identifier
CWA Common Work Area
MRO Multi Region Operation
QID Queue Identifier
1) What are the six different types of argument values in COBOL that can be placed in various options of a CICS command?
Data Value - EX (Literal 8 or 77 KEYLEN PIC S9(4) COMP VALUE 8.)
Data Area - EX (01 RECORD-AREA.
05 FIELD1 PIC X(5). )
Pointer-Ref - EX (05 POINTER-I PIC S9(8) COMP. )
Name - EX (05 FILE-NAME PIC X(5) VALUE ?FILEA?. )
Label - Cobol paragraph name
HHMMSS - EX (77 TIMEVAL PIC S9(7) COMP3. )
2) Kindly specify the PIC clause for the following
Any BLL Cell, Data type of Length Option field, HHMMSS type of data fields
A) Any BLL Cell - S9(8) COMP
Data type of Length Option field - S9(4) COMP
HHMMSS type of data fields - S9(7) COMP3
3) Specify CICS transaction initiation process. (From the perspective of CICS control programs and control tables.)
A) TCP places data in TIOA and corresponding entry into TCT.
KCP acquires the transaction identifier from TIOA and verifies if it is present in PCT.
SCP acquires Storage in Task Control Area (TCA), in which KCP prepares control data for the task.
KCP then loads the application programs mentioned in PCT by looking for it in PPT.
If resident - real storage memory location is not present in the PPT the control is passed to PCP that loads the application programs from the physical storage location address given in PPT. The control is then passed to the application program (LOAD module).
4) List the sequence of steps used to achieve ?Modification in Skip Sequential Mode.?
I. READNEXT command
II. Issue the ENDBR command
III. Issue the READ command with UDTAE option.
IV. Manipulate the record (DELETE or REWRITE command)
V. Issue START command
VI. Issue two READNEXT commands (One for dummy skip)
VII. Go to step two.
5) Specify the requirements for Automatic Task Initiation. (Mention the control table, it?s entries and the corresponding Procedure division CICS command).
A) DFHDCT TYPE=INTRA,
EXEC CICS WRITEQ TD
6) What are the commands used to gain exclusive control over a resource (for Ex a Temporary storage queue.)?
A) EXEC CICS ENQ EXEC CICS DEQ
7) What is the EIB parameter and the CICS command used to implement Pseudo-Conversational technique using single PCT - Single PPT entry?
A) EIBCALEN - To check if COMMAREA has been passed in terurn command.
EXEC CICS RETURN
8) Mention the 5 fields available in the symbolic map for every ?NAMED? field in the DFHMDI macro? Give a brief description of these fields (Not exceeding a line).
A) FIELD+L - Return the length of text entered (or for dymanic cursor positioing)
FIELD+F - Returns X(80) if data entered but erased.
FIELD+A - Used for attributes reading and setting
FIELD+I - Used for reading the text entered while receiving the map.
FIELD+O - Used for sending information on to the MAP.
9) What are the two ways of breaking a CPU bound process to allow other tasks to gain access to CPU.
A) EXEC CICS DELAY EXEC CICS DELAY
POST and WAIT commands also achieve the same result.
10) How do you initiate another transaction? The transaction initiated should be in a position to retrieve
information pertaining to which transaction has initiated it and from which terminal. (Code the required CICS
A) EXEC CICS START
EXEC CICS RETRIEVE
11) Mention the option (along with argument type) used in a CICS command to retrieve the response code after
execution of the command.
A) RESP( S9(8) COM.)
12) What?s the CICS command used to access current date and time?
13) Into what fields will the date and time values be moved after execution of the above command?
A) EIBDATE & EIBTIME.
14) How do you terminate an already issued DELAY command?
A) EXEC CICS CANCEL
15) How do you dynamically set the CURSOR position to a specific field?
A) MOVE -1 to FIELD+L field. Mention CURSOR option in the SEND command.