136) What are the CICS commands associated with temporary storage queue processing?
A) WRITEQ TS, READQ TS, and DELETEQ, whose meanings should be self-explanatory.
137) What are the CICS commands associated with transient data queue processing?
A) WRITEQ TD, READQ TD, DELETEQ TD, ENQ and DEQ.
138) What is the meaning of the ENQ and DEQ commands?
A) Neither command is exclusively a transient data command. The ENQ command reserves any user defined resource
for the specific task. For enqueued transient data no other task will be able to write records to it for as long as it is
enqueued. DEQ removes the lock.
139) How do you delete Item 3 in a five-item TSQ?
A) You can't--at least not directly. Options, none of them good, include:
I. adding a logical-delete flag to the contents of each item;
II. moving item 4 to 3 and 5 to 4 and initializing item 5, all thru rewrites; this is a variant on 1;
III. creating a new 'copy' TSQ that excludes the unwanted item, killing the old TSQ (deleteq ts), writing the new TSQ with the original name from the new TSQ, and then deleting the 'copy' TSQ. This way, you
will get an accurate report from NUMITEMS.
140) What CICS command would you use to read a VSAM KSDS sequentially in ascending order?
A) READNEXT reads the next record from a browse operation for any of the three VSAM files.
141) How do you get data from a task that began with a START command?
A) The RETRIEVE command is used to get data from a task that began with a START command.
142) What is interval control and what are some of the CICS commands associated with it?
A) CICS interval control provides a variety of time-related features - common commands are ASKTIME,
FORMATTIME, START, RETRIEVE, and CANCEL.
143) What is task control and what are the CICS commands associated with it?
A) Task control refers to the CICS functions that manage the execution of tasks. Task control commands are
SUSPEND, ENQ, and DEQ.
144) What is the CICS LOAD command?
A) The LOAD command retrieves an object program from disk and loads it into main storage - it's primarily used for a constant table that will be available system-wide.
145) What is the ABEND command and when would you use it?
A) The ABEND command forces a task to end abnormally. It creates a transaction dump and invokes the dynamic
146) DB2 What is the difference between a package and a plan. How does one bind 2 versions of a CICS
transaction with the same module name in two different CICS regions that share the same DB2 subsystem?
A) Package and plan are usually used synonymously, as in this site. Both contain optimized code for SQL statements - a
package for a single program, module or subroutine contained in the database request module (DBRM) library. A
plan may contain multiple packages and pointers to packages. The one CICS module would then exist in a package
that could be referenced in two different plans.
147) How to build up LU 6.2 communication?" and "what Pseudo-conversational and real conversational
transaction are and their differences."
A) Pseudo-conversational transactions are almost always the preferred method. In these mode CICS releases resources between responses to user input, i.e. the task is ended awaiting the user response.
148) Why is it important not to execute a STOP RUN in CICS ?
A) Stop run will come out from the CICS region.
149) Why must all CICS programs have a Linkage Section ?
A) To pass parameters from appl. Program to CICS.
150) A mapset consists of three maps and 10 fields on each map . How many of the following will be needed ?
A) a) DFHMSD statements 1
b) DFHMDI statements 3
c) DFHMDF statements 30