151) How are programs reinitiated under CICS ?
A) START COMMAND , RETURN COMMAND
152) Why doesn?t CICS use the Cobol Open and Close statements ?
A) CICS AUTOMATICALLY OPENS AND CLOSES THE FILES THOSE ARE PLASED IN FCT
153) What is the difference between a Symbolic map and Physical map ?
A) SYMBOLIC MAP IS USED BY USER AND PHYSICAL MAP IS USED BY SYSTEM
154) Can a program change protected field ?
155) How is the stopper byte different from an auto skip byte ?
A) STOPPER command will stop after completing its field , whereas AUTOSKIP command Will skip to next
unprotected field after completing its field.
156) By which CICS defined field can you determine the position of the cursor on the map ?
A) ATTRIB FIELD
157) How will you place cursor on a field called ?EMPNO?. This field belongs to mapset ?MAPEMPG?
and map ?MAPEMPM? and Symbolic map ?Empid-Rec? ?
A) BY INSERTING IC IN THE ATTRIB COMMAND
158) How do you place the cursor on a particular position on the screen?
A) Move -1 to the length attribute of the field and use the CURSOR option.
Define the field with IC in the BMS map.
Use CURSOR(n m)??
159) What are the two outputs created as a result of generation of a map?
A) The map copybook and the load module.
160) What is the difference between physical map and symbolic map? - GS
A) The physical map is the load module and the symbolic map is the data structure.
161) What is the attribute byte?
A) Defines the display/transmission of field. most cases is an output field from the program.
162) How do you use extended attributes ?
A) Define EXTATT=YES and the correct terminal type.
163) What are the 3 working storage fields used for every field on the map?
A) Length, attribute and input/output field.
164) What is MDT? What are FSET, FRSET ?
A) MDT: Bit in the attribute byte indicating modification of field on screen. Happens on an input operation.
FSET: Sets MDT on to ensure field is transmitted. Happens on an output operation.
FRSET: Resets MDT. Until this happens, field continues to be sent.
165) What is the use of DSECT parameter in BMS?
A165) Is the parameter to generate a symbolic map.