166) Do you receive the attribute byte in the symbolic map?
A) On EOF yes.
167) How do you make your BMS maps case sensitive?
A) Use ASIS???
168) What is effect on RECEIVE MAP when PF key is pressed? PA key is pressed?
A) When PF key is pressed, Data transmission may happen. When PA key is pressed, Data transmission will not happen.
169) What is the difference between a PF key & a PA key ?
A) PF keys wake up the task and transmit modified data, PA keys only wake up the task.
170) Name the macros used to define the following: MAP MAPSET FIELD
A) DFHMSD DFHMDI DFHMDF
171) Can you use OCCURS in a BMS map? If you do, what are the issues related with its use?
A) Yes. cannot use group by clause???
172) Can you define multiple maps in a BMS mapset?
173) How is the storage determined in the symbolic map, if you have multiple maps?
A) Storage for maps redefine the first. This means largest map has to be the first.
174) What is the meaning of BMS length of field = 0?
A) Data was not entered in the field
175) Can you simply check if length = 0 for checking if a field was modified?
A) No, not if ERASE EOF was used.
176) What do you do if you do not want characters entered by the user to be folded to uppercase ?
A) Use ASIS option on RECEIVE.
Q177) What does the BUFFER option in RECEIVE mean ?
A177) Brings the entire datastream from the terminal buffer.
178) What are the steps you go through to a create a BMS executable?
A) Assemble to create CSECT and Link
179) When you compile a CICS program, the (pre)compiler puts an extra chunk of code. Where does it get
included and that is it called? What is its length?
A) DFHEIBLK, DFHCOMMAREA.
180) List all the CICS tables and explain their contents.
A) PPT SIT