196) What is ENQ, DEQ ?
A) Task control commands to make resources serially reusable.
197) Can you issue SQL COMMIT from a CICS program?
198) What is the other way of terminating a transaction?
A) EXEC CICS SYNCPOINT. Assuming it is a LUW. This will not end the Xn.
199) What is an ASRA abend ?
A) Any data exception problem SOC7, SOC4 etc.
200) What is an AEY9 abend ?
A) DB2/IDMS not up.
201) What are the situations under which NEWCOPY is required ?
A) When a program has been used in CICS atleast once and then changed and recompiled.
202) What is EXEC CICS RETRIEVE ?
A) Used by STARTed tasks to get the parameters passed to them.
203) Name some important fields in the EIB block ?
A) EIBRESP, EIBCALEN, EIBRRCDE, EIBTASK, EIBDATE, EIBTIME
204) Can you use DYNAMIC calls in CICS ?
A) Yes, the called routine must be defined in PPT and the calling program must use CALL identifier..
205) How do you handle errors in CICS pgms ?
A) Check EIBRESP after the call or use the HANDLE condition.
206) Suppose pgm A passes 30 bytes to pgm B thru commarea and pgm B has defined its DFHCOMMAREA to be
50 bytes . Is there a problem ?
A) Yes, if B tries to access bytes 31-50.
207) When an XCTL is done, does the tranid change ? Is a new task created ? Does it cause an implicit
SYNCPOINT to be issued ?
A) No, No, Yes.
208) How do you execute a background CICS transaction ?
A) With a START or ATI.
209) What is the difference between START and XCTL ?
A) START is used to start a new task. It is a interval control command. XCTL is used to pass control to a program
within the same task. It is a program control command.
210) What is the usage of language in the PPT entry?
A) Language interface and call parameters???