301) TSQs can be written in the Main storage or Auxiliary storage (True or False).
302) what is difference between call and link ?
A) In case of call , whenever you do changes to the called program you need to compile the calling program also. In case of link , it is not needed .
303) what are the differences between DFHCOMMAREA and TSQ ?
A) Both are used to save data among tasks. but 1. COMMAREA is private to that transaction only . like every transaction has its own COMMAREA created by CICS as soon as the transaction is initiated . however TSQ , if queue id is known can be accessed by other transactions also 2. COMMAREA length is s9(4) comp i.e. 65k . but TSQ can have any length.3. COMMAREA is available only during the transaction is running. TSQ if created with auxiliary option resides in aux memory and available even if main memory crashes.4.normally COMMAREA is used to transfer data from one task to another while tsq is used widely within the task as a scratch pad.
304) What is Communication Area?
A) Communication Area is used to pass data between the program or between the task.
305) Which of the following statements correctly describe the syntax of CICS command language?
A). If an EXEC CICS command must be continued onto a second line a hyphen (-) must be coded in column 7 of the continued line.
B). If an EXEC CICS command must be continued onto a second line an 'X' must be coded in column 72 of each line to be continued.
C). An EXEC CICS command CANNOT be coded within a COBOL IF statement, between the IF command and the period (.) ending it.
D). The END-EXEC delimiter is optional and never needs to be placed at the end of a CICS command.
E). The options specified within an EXEC CICS command can be in any order.
A) E. The options specified within an EXEC CICS command can be in any order. For example 'exec CICS Send From(Msg1) Length(30) End-Exec' can also be coded 'exec Cics Send Length(30) From(Msg1) End-Exec'
306) A CICS program ABENDS with an ASRA ABEND code. What is its meaning?
A) A link was issued to a program whose name does not exist in the PPT (Program Processing Table).
B) A program attempted to use a map that is not defined in the PCT (Program Control Table).
C) A security violation has occurred. The operator is not defined with the proper authority in the SNT (Sign-
on Table) to use a particular file
D) A program interrupt (0C0 or 0C1 or 0C2 or ...) has occurred in a CICS program.
E) An I/O error has occurred when attempting to use a VSAM file from a CICS program
A) A program interrupt (0C0 or 0C1 or 0C2 or ...) has occurred in a CICS program.
307) Which of the following commands, when issued by 2 different programs running at the same time, will prevent simultaneous use of resource 'SINGLE'?
B) EXEC CICS PROTECT RESOURCE('SINGLE') LENGTH(6) END-EXEC.
C) EXEC CICS HOLD RESOURCE('SINGLE') LENGTH(6) END-EXEC.
D) EXEC CICS TASK SINGLE('SINGLE') LENGTH(6) END-EXEC.
E) EXEC CICS EXCLUSIVE RESOURCE('SINGLE') LENGTH(6) END-EXEC.
A) EXEC CICS EXCLUSIVE RESOURCE('SINGLE') LENGTH(6) END-EXEC
308) The map shown below is displayed with:
EXEC CICS SEND MAP('MAP1') MAPSET('MAP1S') MAPONLY END-EXEC. After the screen is displayed, the operator enters 1 character, the letter 'X'. Where will the cursor now appear on the screen?
TYPE=MAP,MODE=INOUT,CTRL=(FREEKB,FRSET),LANG=COBOL, X TIOAPFX=YESMAP1
DFHMDI SIZE=(24,80) DFHMDF POS=(5,1),ATTRB=UNPROT,LENGTH=1FIELD2 DFHMDF
POS=(5,11),ATTRB=ASKIP,LENGTH=1 DFHMSD TYPE=FINAL
A) In the field with a POS=(5,1) B) In FIELD2. C) In FIELD3. D) In FIELD4. E) In FIELD5.
A) In FIELD5
309) How can you accomplish breakpoint in intertest?
A) U-for unconditional breakpoint, C-for conditional breakpoint, and A-for automatic breakpoint
310) How many ways are there for initiating a transaction? what are they?
A) There are six ways in initiating a transaction.they are as follows.
1. embedding four character transid on the top left most corner of the screen.
2. making use of EXEC CICS START TRANSID ( )
3. making use of EXEC CICS RETURN TRANSID ( )
4. By defining the transid in DCT (destination control table) to enable ATI (AUTOMATIC TASK INITIATION)
5. Making use of PLT ( program list table)
6. By associating four character transid in PCT (program control table)
311) Which type of TDQ is read destructive?
A) Intrapartition TDQ is read destructive. extra partition tdq is not read destructive.
312) The error code AEIV?
A) This is the error code for length, if length of the source data is more than the receiving field, This error will occur.
313) What is the size of commarea
A) The default commarea size is 65k.
314) What is ASRAABEND in CICS?
A) It occurs when program interruption takes place. e.g.: when alphanumeric string moved to numeric data item OR
when arithmetic calculations performed on nonnumeric data item OR when an attempt made to read an occurrence
of a table beyond the defined occurrences.
315) What is a two Phase commit in CICS?
A) This occurs when a programmer Issues a Exec CICS Syncpoint command. this is called two phase because CICS
will first commit changes to the resources under its control like VSAM files. and the DB2 changes are
committed. Usually CICS signals Db2 to complete the next phase and release all the locks.