316) Difference between TSQ & TDQ
A) TDQ is read destructive, TSQ is not. TSQ can be created dynamically, TDQ cannot be created dynamically. TSQ is
temporary in nature (i.e. it will be deleted when the program finishes execution, unless it is made permanent by
making a entry in the Temporary Storage Table), TDQ is not.
317) What is ENQ in CICS?
A) If any one want to restrict Trans-Id to single user, enter trans-id with ENQ. It won't allow any one else to use the
318) In SYMBOLIC Cursor Positioning after moving -1 to the length field also the cursor is not positioned in that particular field. Give reasons?
A) You have to explicitly specify the word CURSOR between your EXEC CICS and END-EXEC in the program.
319) What does EIB mean?
A) The EIB is the EXECUTIVE INTERFACE BLOCK. It is not the EXECUTE INTERFACE BLOCK. All TP
monitors or transaction processors are know as EXECUTIVEs as they carry out process on behalf of a program
module. CICS and DB2 are executives.
320) How many exceptional condition can be given in a HANDLE CONDITION?
A) Max. of 12 exceptional conditions can be given in a single HANDLE CONDITION.
321) How do you access the records randomly in TSQ ?
A) By specifying the ITEM option
322) What command do you issue to delete a record in a transient data queue ?
A) READQ TD, the read is destructive.
323) What are different ways of initiating transaction in CICS ?
A) We can initiate cics transaction a) by giving transaction id b) by giving cics start command c) automatic task
324) What is the difference between LINK and XCTL ?
A) The XCTL command passes control to another program, but the resources requested by the first program may still
be allocated. A task does not end until a RETURN statement is executed. While in LINK command, program control
resumes its instruction following the LINK parameter. The disadvantage of LINK is that it requires that both the
calling program and the called program remain in main memory even though both are no longer needed.
325) What is the difference between CICS Program Control Table (PCT) and CICS Processing Program Table (PPT) ?
A) PCT contains a list of valid transaction ID. Each transaction ID is paired with the name of the program ,CICS will
load and execute when the transaction is invoked. On the other hand, PPT indicates each program's location which
pertains to a storage address if the program has already been loaded or a disk location if the program hasn't been
loaded. PPT will also be used to determine whether it will load a new copy of the program when the transaction is
326) What are the 3 common ways to create maps?
A) The first way is to code a physical map and then code a matching symbolic map in your COBOL program. The
second way to create a physical map along with a matching symbolic map is to code only the physical map using the
&SYSPARM option, CICS will automatically create a member in a COPY library. And the third way is to use a
map generator such as SDF (Screen Definition Facility)
327) What is Quasi-reentrancy?
A) There are times when many users are concurrently using the same program, this is what we call MultiThreading. For
example, 50 users are using program A, CICS will provide 50 Working storage for that program but one Procedure
Division. And this technique is known as quasi-reentrancy
328) What is the difference between a physical BMS mapset and a logical BMS mapset?
A) The physical mapset is a load module used to map the data to the screen at execution time. The symbolic map is the actual copybook member used in the program to reference the input and output fields on the screen.
329) How To Set MDT(Modified Data Tag) Thru Application Program?(Dynamically)?
A) You have to move the following macro DFHBMFSE to the Attribute field of that particular Variable.
330) What CICS facilities can you use to save data between the transactions?
A) COMMONAREA, TSQ & TDQ.