241) How many buffer pools are available in db2?
A) Ten 32k size buffer pools and fifty 4k size buffer pools (bp0 to bp49)default buffer pools are bp0,bp1,bp2 & bp32
242) B37 abend during SPUFI
A) The b37 abend in the SPUFI is because of space requirements , the query has resulted in so many rows that the SPUFI. out file is not large enough to handle it, increase the space allocation of SPUFI out file.
243) How many Buffer pools are there in DB2 and what are they?
A) There are 4 Buffer pools. They are BP0,BP1,BP2 and BP32.
244) What is the command used by TSO users to invoke DB2?
A) DSN RUN
245) What is the error code -803 ?
A) unique index violation
246) How do you filter out the rows retrieved from a Db2 table ?
A) one way is to use The SQL WHERE clause.
247) what is a collection?
A) collection is something that every programmer should assign/Specify for every package. this about 1-18 characters long.
248) What is Skeleton cursor table (SKCT)?
A) The Executable form of a Plan. This is stored in sysibm.sct02 table.
249) what's the equivalent Cobol Data type for Decimal(x,y) in DB2? what does the current SQLID register contain?
A) Pic s9(x-y)V9(Y) Comp-3; the current SQLID contains the current authorization ID.
250) Can we declare DB2 HOST variable in COBOL COPY book?
A) NO. If we declare DB2 host variable in COBOL COPY book, at the time of Pre-compilation we get the host variable not defined, because pre-compiler will not expand COBOL COPY book. So we declare it either in DCLGEN with EXEC SQL INCLUDE DCLGEN name END-EXEC or we directly hardcode it in the working storage section.
251) What should be specified along with a cursor in order to continue updating process after commit?
A) With Hold option.
252) what is the name of the default db2 catalog database?
253) When Can you be sure that a query will return only one row?
A) When you use the primary key and only the primary key in the where clause.
254) what is the difference between join and union?
A) join is used to retrieve data from different tables using a single sql statement. union is used to combine the results of two or more sql queries.
255) What is a correlated sub query?
A) In a sub query, if the outer query refers back to the outcome of inner query it is called correlated sub query. That's why the outer query is evaluated first unlike an ordinary sub query