256) What are the functions of Bind?
A) BIND mainly performs two things syntax checking and authorization checking.It binds together all packages into an application plan hence the name BIND.Apart from this bind has optimiser as a subcomponent.Its function is to determine the optimum access strategy.
257) Max. No of rows per page
258) The only place of VSAM KSDS in DB2 is?
A) BSDS is a VSAM KSDS.
259) Can All Users Have The Privilege To Use The SQL Statement Select * (DML)?
A) No the user should be granted privilege to use it.
260) What is the size of a data page?
A) 4K to 8K
261) what's the best lock size that you could use when you create a tablespace?
A) The answer is Locksize = ANY. Unless you are Sure what's the Purpose of tablespace ie., Read-only or R/W. If you use lock size =any, Db2 would automatically determine what type of locks it should use.
262) what's the error code for Unique Index Violation?
263) Can you define an Index if the table size less than 10 PAGES?
264) What's the Maximum Length of SQLCA and what's the content of SQLCABC?
A) The Max length is 136. and the SQLCABC has the Value of SQLCA.
265) What's the maximum number of volumes that can be added to a STOGROUP?
A) The answer is 133.Usually it will be difficult monitor more than 3 or 4 volumes to a Stogroup.
266) What's the maximum number of characters that a tablename can have?
A) The answer is 18 characters.
267) What is the meaning of -805 SQL return code?
A) Program name not in plan. Bind the plan and include the DBRM for the program named as part of the plan.
268) when does the SQL statement gets executed when you use cursor in the application programming ?
A) SQL statement gets executed when we open cursor
269) What does CURRENTDATA option in bind indicate
A) CURRENTDATA option ensures block fetch while selecting rows from a table. In DB2V4 the default has been changed to NO. Therefore it is necessary to change all the bind cards with CURRENTDATA(YES) which is default in DB2V3 & earlier to CURRENTDATA(NO).
270) What is the difference between TYPE 1 index & TYPE 2 index
A) TYPE 1 & TYPE 2 are specified when an index is created on the table. TYPE 2 index is the option which comes with DB2V4. With TYPE 2 index data can be retrieved faster as only the data pages are locked and not the index pages. Hence TYPE 2 index is recommended.