271) What are the levels of isolation available with DB2V4
A) CS RR UR( added new for DB2V4 which stands for uncommitted read which allows to retrieve records from the space which has exclusive locks also but data integrity will be affected if this option is used )The best available option for data integrity & data concurrency is CS.
272) How do u achieve record level locking in DB2 versions when record level locking is not allowed?
A) By having the length of the record greater than that of a page!
273) In a DB2-CICS program which is acts as co-ordinator and which is participant?
A) DB2 - participant CICS- coordinator
274) What does DML stand for and what are some examples of it?
A) Data Manipulation Language. Some examples are SELECT, INSERT, DELETE, REPLACE.
275) How to define the data items to receive the fetch items for the SQL?
A) Using the DSECT, followed by lines of - 'data items DS datatype'.
276) How will you delete duplicate records from a table?
A) Delete From Table1Where Id In (Select Id From Table1 As Temp Group By Id Having Count(*) >1)
277) What is the difference between Where and Having Clause
A) WHERE is for Rows and HAVING is for Groups
278) How to see the structure of db2 table??
A) Using QMF.
279) How do you declare a host variable (in COBOL) for an attribute named emp-name of type VARCHAR(25) ?
A) 01 EMP-GRP. 49 E-LEN PIC S9(4) COMP. 49 E-NAME PIC X(25).
280) What is the maximum number of tables that can be stored on a Partitioned Table Space ?
281) Name the different types of Table spaces.
A) Simple Table Space, Segmented Table Space and Partitioned Table Space
282) what are the max. & min. no. of partitions allowed in a partition tablespace?
A) minimum is 4. maximum is 64.
283) what is the maximum number of tables that can be joined ?
284) What technique is used to retrieve data from more than one table in a single SQL statement?
A) The Join statement combines data from more that two tables
285) Explain the use of the WHERE clause.
A) It directs DB2 to extract data from rows where the value of the column is the same as the current value of the host variable.