136) How are write I/Os from the buffer pool executed?
137) What is a DB2 catalog?
A) The DB2 catalog is a set of tables that contain information about all of the DB2 objects(tables, views, plans etc.).
138) In which column of which DB2 catalog would you find the length of the rows for all tables?
A) In the RECLENGTH column of SYSIBM.SYSTABLES
139) What information is held in SYSIBM.SYSCOPY?
A) The SYSIBM.SYSCOPY table contains information about image copies made of the tablespaces.
140) What information is contained in a SYSCOPY entry?
A) Included is the name of the database, the table space name, and the image copy type(full or incremental etc.,) as well as the date and time each copy was made.
141) What information can you find in SYSIBM.SYSLINKS table?
A) The SYSIBM.SYSLINKS table contains information about the links between tables created by referential constraints.
142) Where would you find information about the type of database authority held by the user?
143) Where could you look if you had a question about whether a column has been defined as an index?
A) This information can be found in SYSIBM.SYSINDEXES.
144) Once you create a view, where would information about the view be stored?
A) When a view is created, system information about the view is stored in SYSIBM.SYSVIEWS.
145) What is the SQL Communications Area and what are some of its key fields?
A) It is a data structure that must be included in any host-language program using SQL. It is used to pass feedback about the sql operations to the program. Fields are return codes, error messages, handling codes and warnings.
146) What is DCLGEN?
A) DCLGEN stands for declarations generator; it is a facility to generate DB2 sql data structures in COBOL or PL/I programs.
147) How do you leave the cursor open after issuing a COMMIT? (for DB2 2.3 or above only)
A) Use WITH HOLD option in DECLARE CURSOR statement. But, it has not effect in psuedo-conversational CICS programs.
148) Give the COBOL definition of a VARCHAR field.
A) A VARCHAR column REMARKS would be defined as follows:
49 REMARKS-LEN PIC S9(4) USAGE COMP.
49 REMARKS-TEXT PIC X(1920).
149) What is the physical storage length of each of the following DB2 data types: DATE, TIME, TIMESTAMP?
A54) DATE: 4bytes
150) What is the COBOL picture clause of the following DB2 data types: DATE, TIME, TIMESTAMP?
A) DATE: PIC X(10)
TIME : PIC X(08)
TIMESTAMP: PIC X(26)