121)How to execute a set of JCL statements from a COBOL program ?
A) Using EXEC CICS SPOOL WRITE(var-name) END-EXEC command. var-name is a COBOL host structure containing JCL statements.
122)What is the difference between static call & Dynamic call ?
A) In the case of Static call, the called program is a stand along program, it is an executable program . During run time we can call it in our called program. As about Dynamic call, the called program is not an executable program it can executed thru the called program
123)What is the difference between catalogue procedure and In-Stream procedure?
A) In Stream procedures are set of JCL statements written between JOB and EXEC statements, start with PROC and end with PEND statement. Mainly used to test cataloged procedures. Cataloged procedure is cataloged on the procedure library and is called by specifying the procedure name on the EXEC statement.
124)What do you feel makes a good program?
A) A program that follows a top down approach. It is also one that other programmers or users can follow logically and is easy to read and understand.
125)Can we browse or edit the GDG dataset if it is a tape entry?
A) No, You can?t edit or browse the GDG if it resides on tape.
126)What are the maximum and minimum sizes of any CONTROL AREA (VSAM datasets) ?
A) Minimum Size : 1 track Maximum size : 1 cylinder
127)How to get cursor position from system in CICS environment ?
A) Get it from EIBCURPOS !
128)How many parameters are there to a DISP statement and what are their uses ?
A) There are three(3) parameters. Parameter 1: current data set disposition(new, shr, old, mod) Parameter 2: normal close action for data set (catlg, keep, delete) Parameter 3:abend action for data set (catlg, keep, delete).
129)What is the error code SOC01 indicate ?
A) Operation exception error For e.g. a dataset open error
130)What is a procedure?
A) A set of precoded JCL that can be modified through the use of parameters or override cards. Note: Procedures can be catalogued or instream.
131)What is the difference between specifying DISP=OLD and DISP=SHR for a dataset?
A) OLD specifies exclusive use of a dataset, SHR allows multiple jobs to concurrently access the dataset Note: When updating a dataset, you would normally use OLD.
132)What are the three basic types of statements in a jobstream?
A) JOB(one per jobstream)EXEC(one or more per job)DD(one or more per jobstep)
133)What does SYSIN * indicate?
A) Instream data follows this card and is terminated when followed by a card containing // or /* in columns 1 and 2.
134)What are three major types of JCL statements? What are their functions?
A) JOB - indicates start of jobstream to the operating system and through parms coded on it, certain details about the
job (time, region, message level, job accounting data).
EXEC - indicates the start of execution of a particular job step, be that step a program or a proc.
DD - is a data definition, which is used to describe the attributes of a data set (name, unit, type, space, disposition).
1. Distinguish between positional & keyword parameters
2. How can you omit positional parameters ?
3. How do u define the identifier field for a delimiter statement ?
4. List some valid operation codes .
5. What is the purpose of the MSGLEVEL parameter ?
6. What is the function of the following parameters :
7. What is the purpose of the MSGCLASS parameter ?
8. What are the parameters used with COND ?
9. List down the different types of comparison operators & their meaning .
10.What is the function of the TYPRUN parameter ?
11.What are the subparameters that can be used with TYPRUN?
12.What is the function of the TIME parameter?
13. What is the purpose of the EXEC statement ?
14. What are the additional keyword parameters used on the EXEC statement?
15. What is the difference between the following statements :
I) step#1 exec PGM=accpay
ii) step#1 exec tbalance
16. What is the error in the following JCL statements :
I) //step#three exec pgm=hkbc762
ii) //step#3 exec pgm = hkbc762
iii) //step#3 exec pgr = hkbc672
17. Name the system library from which modules are raetrieved at execution time .
18. What is the purpose of the JOBLIB statement ?
19. If JOBLIB & STEPLIB statements are both included in a job , then which statement would overide .
20. What is the purpose of the PARM parameter ?
21. What is the pupose of the DD statement ?
22. How would u specify the device for a dataset in a DD statement ?
23. What is the function of the following DD statement //ddname DD *
24. What is the purpose of the SYSOUT Parameter in the DD statement ?
25. What are the two ways of specifying Temporary Data Sets ?
26. What are the advantages of coding the DISP parameter with MOD rather than NEW ?
27. Explain the function of the following Statement : //ddname DD DISP=(NEW,CATLG,DELETE)
28. What is the default value of the third DISP subparameter ?
29. What is Backward Referencing ?
30. What is the purpose of Concatenating Data Sets ?
31. What is the result of a READ operation on a Dummy Data set ?
32. What are the functions of the following ddnames : SYSUDUMP , SYSABEND , SYSMDUMP
33. What are GDGs ?